Located on the corner of Main and Green streets. The building, constructed by E. Maffioli in 1895, cost $82,169.14. The post office went through two major expansions in the next three decades. As the city and postal needs grew it became evident that a much larger post office was required.
The new post office and federal building which replaced the existing one was built on the same, but expanded site.